Friday, February 5, 2010

Today's thoughts


I keep thinking that as human beings we need to create, feel we are here for some reason and keep moving through life 'doing' things that we can stand back and look at and say....I did that!

I have been reading other peoples blogs..and seems that everyone has lots they do ...keep their feet moving..but feel they are not getting anything "DONE". I read one knitters blog and she listed all the projects she had on needles. She was trying to get one project done and 'really' trying to not start another project until she was 'caught' up.

I guess I have to try to follow the same...I am NOT going to really start working on my wool ideas until I have Huxley's quilt finished. Even though I read how others have worked on quilts for YEARS and this one has only been 'thought' about since March '09..when I bought the first piece of flannel in Amish country...I do want to finish it NOW and not start anything else until it is finished.

I have altered the pattern 'again' and think I have it how I want it now. Going with my own color choices now and trying to LOVE it just the way it is. :)

Part of the process for the creative mind, or should I say MY creative mind, is putting things in my mist that are feel good things. Plants, my funky things I find here and there that I have been putting in my art studio...all that makes it fun. Makes something to look forward to when I find that 'little' thing that is just right to LOOK at when I am 'thinking'.

I am on my way.