Thursday, April 7, 2011

It has been 10 months since I posted to this blog. I know it is time...just like my 'mini' iris to start to get moving...get to life. These plants were from a start that Aunt Lois shared with me. It was by accident that she said to me one day when we were walking on her back walk, that these plants had come from my Grandma Fairy. Grandma died in 1954 and I have just a few mini memories of her, so to see thing that she shared, like these iris are a good feeling. Aunt Lois shared a start with me. And they do struggle to find a place to be happy in my front flower beds. I always watch for these little plants to grow each year..and it has been very slow coming..but each year after the snow, ice and digging of my dogs paws they seem to make it! They are the first iris to bloom and I can't wait to see them again this year. I feel like I am one of them...waiting to bloom too... It is time..time for me to start growing and to bloom. I can hear my grandma cheering me on.